This will be a great class for anyone looking to phototgraph their work. It will teach you the basics and leave out all that extra crazy stuff most people never use!
Friday November 6, from 9 am - 4 pm
Lunch, snacks and coffee included
Graphic designers aren't the only ones who use Photoshop. So do fine artists, as an essential tool for cataloging and promoting their work. In this workshop, designed specifically for fine artists, we'll show you how to:
- Understand different file types so you can ask the photographer shooting your art for the appropriate file
- Make slides and Powerpoint files from Photoshop files
- Change a RAW file into a TIFF, JPG, and thumbnail
- Make the right size and resolution file so it will print properly in postcards and catalogs
- Change the size of images to specific requests from galleries, call for artists, or web sites
- Cropping, retouching, and color adjusting images
- Place two photos together into one image
- Add text to an image
- Add borders to your image and place your image on a canvas
- Change the background color or canvas
- Understanding the basics of color calibration between monitors and printers
- Overview of Giclee prints
- Creating a filing/cataloging system- renaming images, organizing them
Who should take this class?
This workshop is for fine artists and their assistants
You must know the basics of Photoshop. Please contact SVC if you need
to upgrade to Photoshop CS4.
Link to the class: http://www.svcseattle.com/classes/detail/290/